Read/Reading: mostly books about mindful eating/weight loss
The Four Day Win by Martha Beck – love, love love this book. Columnist from Oprah’s magazine, I didn’t have high expectations but it is so well written, hilariously funny, compassionate, Buddhist-ish and right on.
One Bowl: A Guide to Eating for Body and Spirit by Don Gerrard – just bought this. Fascinating concept of eating all meals from one bowl. Mindful practice.
Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food by Jan Chozen Bays – haven’t read it yet, but it looks like more good stuff..
didn’t I say “don’t ask” about this? :-)
Not so much. Some TV: The Biggest Loser, and In Treatment, which I am kind of addicted to. Ahh, Gabriel Byrne!
too much to really mention, but believe me I have been eating really clean, healthy, yummy and delicious stuff.
- I ran my first 5k on May 3rd!! It was very exciting. I actually came in around the middle of the pack, both in my age group and overall, so I was really pleased. This after doing the awesome Couch-to-5k running program. Unbelievable, but IT REALLY WORKS. I’m doing another 5k on May 30th – want to join me?
- Wrapped up another great season with Oakland Strokes crew team. Younger daughter’s boat took silver medal at the Southwest Regional Championships in Sacramento. GO STROKES!
- My college girl returns from Wisconsin tonight! Yipppeeeeee!! I’ve really missed her.
- Many doctor visits. The bottom line is I’m doing great, even though I was diagnosed with diabetes in April. I’ve made great improvements in all areas including my blood lipids, glucose levels. I’ve lost 28 lbs since January!
- I’m going to be doing a reading and two panels at the Mixed Roots Literary and Film Festival in Los Angeles in June. If you’re in the area, please come on down!
- Getting very very busy in preparation for Pact Camp 2009, which is going to be awesome beyond awesome.
- Just did a 4-day silent retreat at my beloved Santa Sabina. Which I very much needed.
- Took an Intro to Meditation series of classes at the East Bay Meditation Center, which was incredibly wonderful. Will be doing an all-day class on love, this coming Saturday. There’s never too much love!